Holiday Cocktail: White Russian Recipe
May your days be filled with magic and cheer!
There's truly nothing like a classic, creamy White Russian to signify full immersion in the holiday season. Friends, we have arrived!
The Picnik White Russian served at our Burnet restaurant in Austin utilizes some of our very own branded products to create a delicious and unique take on a classic.
We make a house-made coffee liqueur with maple, vanilla, vodka and sunshine blend coffee, and use our Picnik butter coffee creamer as the cream element. Perfect for brunch or as dessert!
Today, we're sharing a make-at-home version to enjoy with family and friends no matter where you are located in this big, beautiful world.
- 1 pint of ice
- 1 slice of orange
- 2 tsp. maple sugar
- 2 oz. coffee liqueur (make-at-home recipe see below)
- 1 oz. vodka of your choice
- 2 oz. Picnik Butter Coffee Creamer
Picnik Coffee Liqueur
- 24 oz. vodka
- 8 tbsp. ground coffee
- 12 oz. maple syrup
- 2 oz. vanilla extract
- Shake and steep coffee grounds and vodka for 30 minutes, agitating every 5 minutes
- Double strain, first using cheese cloth, then using coffee filter.
- Once free of grounds, combine with the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Fill large mixing glass with ice.
- Prepare serving glass: citrus the rim and roll in maple sugar for glass garnish.
- Add coffee liqueur, vodka, and creamer to mixing glass.
- Shake it up!
- Strain into serving glass.
Happy Holidays from all of us here at Picnik!