Two Savory Keto Recipes To Try This Fall
Because homemade ranch is always a good idea
One of our favorite things about being a real food brand and eatery is that we have a little something for everyone.
- Our vegan friends can opt for the Superfood Muesli with cashew milk at Picnik Burnet, gluten-free avocado toast and oatmeal at the trailer, and the Golden Milk Matcha for when you're on the run.
- Our paleo friends can get hooked up with our marketplates like Fish Tacos at Picnik Burnet, grain-free breakfast tacos at the trailers, and our maple-sweetened bottled butter coffees like Dirty Chai, Vanilla Latte, and Mocha Latte.
- For those following a keto diet, how about Thai Red Curry and Picnik Cobb (*ask for keto modifications) at Picnik Burnet, chorizo frittata for breakfast at the South Lamar trailer, and our sugar-free Extra Bold and Cappuccino to keep you energized and well-fueled no matter where you are.
Every month moving forward, we are going to dedicate some loving energy towards the products, recipes, and meal options that will best serve those following a particular lifestyle.
This month, it's all about you keto warriors.
Today, we're sharing a keto curry and homemade ranch dressing recipe you'll be making all season long. A little note to keep an eye out for a special promotion at the end of the month for our sugar-free, high fat, low carb, Cappuccino and Extra Bold butter coffee.
Who's hungry? Let's dive in...
One-Pot Alkalizing Keto Curry
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil⠀
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, large chop
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup Picnik creamer
- 1 14 oz. can organic diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. red curry paste (we use Thai Kitchen Gluten-Free Red Curry Paste)
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 4 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 head (approximately 2 cups) broccoli, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups spinach
- Sea salt to taste (if desired)
- In a large stovetop pot, cook the onions and garlic until translucent in 2 tbsp. coconut oil.
- Add ground beef to pot and cook thoroughly until browned.
- Add coconut milk, creamer, full can of diced tomatoes, and coconut aminos to the onions.
- Stir in curry paste and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for a couple minutes before adding the broccoli and zucchini.
- Cover and turn heat on low. Let simmer for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Add spinach. The spinach will wilt due to the heat of the curry so you can turn the heater off at this point. You serve the curry alone or on some cauliflower rice. Your choice!
And because we all love instruction by photos, step-by-step visuals below:
1. Sauté garlic and onion in coconut oil.
2. Add ground beef to pot and cook thoroughly.
3. Add coconut milk, creamer, diced tomatoes, coconut aminos, and curry paste.
4. Chop veggies and add to pot.
5. Simmer 10 - 12 minutes and bon appétit!
Homemade Keto Ranch Dip + Dressing
- 1/2 cup avocado oil based mayo
- 1/4 cup Picnik creamer
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt (can add more at the end after tasting)
- Combine ingredients together in a medium bowl and whisk until creamy and uniform.
- Taste and add additional sea salt if desired.⠀
*Add more creamer to make it thinner for a dressing as opposed to a veggie or chip dip.⠀
We'd love to hear from you! What other kinds of recipes would you love to see us make? Shoot us a message on Instagram or an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.