New Year Sips: Picnik Creamer Hot Cocoa
A taste of your childhood with ingredients you approve of
The holidays may be over but we still have lots of treats to share with you!
How about kicking off 2019 with this decadent, creamy, chocolatey mug of bliss?
Introducing, Picnik Creamer Hot Cocoa
- 32 oz. of Picnik Creamer
- 6 tbsp. organic cocoa powder
- 8 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a blender, add the cocoa powder, maple syrup, sea salt, and Picnik Creamer.
- Blend until the cocoa powder has fully incorporated.
- Next, add the mixture to a medium saucepan. Place the pan over medium high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer the mixture for 5-8 minutes to cook out the cocoa powder. Be sure to stir frequently.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Divide the mixture evenly among 4 8 oz. mugs. Garnish with whipped coconut cream, whipped grass-fed heavy cream, or any of your other favorite toppings.
Enjoy and Happy New Year, dear friends!
A few more #realfood recipes to experiment with: